Skip to main content Go to Online Banking

History

Citizens State Bank of Loyal began its history over one hundred years ago, when on October 14, 1909, a group of Loyal area residents met to discuss organizing a bank to serve the community. Within two months, on December 9, 1909 the bank was chartered and had opened for business.  Robert Connor, M.F. Doyle, Dr. H.H. Christofferson, Albert Davel, W.J. Rush, William Lenling, B.W. Colby, C.H. Brown and Clem B. Esselman comprised the first board of directors. M.F. Doyle was the bank's first president and Harry Haslett the cashier.

Since 1941, the bank has declared two stock dividends and two stock splits prior to forming a Holding Company, Citizens Bancshares of Loyal, in 1985. Citizens Bancshares owns the stock of Citizens State Bank of Loyal. Citizens Bancshares has over 200 stockholders, most of whom reside in Wisconsin. However, as more children and grandchildren inherit stock, we are becoming more national in ownership.  A large stockholder base, many of whose only tie to Loyal is their inherited bank stock, helps to insure the bank's independence. Although an adequate return has been generated for its stockholders, Citizens State Bank of Loyal continues an equal focus on providing adequate yields to its depositors, fair and competitive rates for its borrowers and equitable employee pay and benefit packages.

We are a full service community bank with offices in Loyal, Granton, Neillsville, Spencer and Marshfield. 

Granton Street Scene from 1920

Top
Some content requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.